I practise solely as a barrister. In layman’s terms, that means the way that my business is set up – and the way I am licensed – means that it is easiest if I work directly for other lawyers (solicitors). This usually works out to be cheaper and is often more time-efficient.

Typically, this means that I am engaged by a law firm. However, I am also able to be engaged (“briefed”) by a lawyer practising in-house within a government agency or a corporation. Please feel free to call me to discuss whether I am willing and available to accept a brief from you.

If you are an individual or otherwise do not fit within the categories described, you will likely need to select a solicitor. You can then ask your solicitor to brief me. If you are unsure who would be an appropriate solicitor, please do not hesitate to contact me and seek recommendations.

P D Lochore, Barrister